Thursday, July 23, 2009

Throwback Thursdays

After watching those Tim Hardaway highlights last week, it was easy to choose the player worthy to grace Throwback Thursdays.

Rodney "Rod" Strickland, in my mind, was one of the most underrated point guards of all-time. He was a journeyman early in his career, but found a home in Washington for the Bullets/Wizards. In his first season in Washington, Strickland averaged 17.2 ppg and 8.9 apg helping the Bullets make the playoffs in 1997 for the first time in 8 seasons. He ended his career with nearly 8,000 assists. He is now an assistant coach for John Calipari at The University of Kentucky. Much love to Rod Strickland. Enjoy the Video!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo, that brought back memories! Some of those passes were out of line!!!

THE P.O.L.R exPRESS said...

Chief, his layup game was sooooo stupid too!!!!

Unknown said...

Terrell you are truly bringing tears to my eyes as you pay homage to our forgotten hoops heroes.rod strickland will forever be one of those nba players who could drop 2 points and still embarass folks with them handles.I applaud you and request that you devote a future entry to nick van exel!

slaihing said...

Nice! My requests are for Bernard King, Penny, and Shawn Kemp. Shoot I'll do the Shawn Kemp joint with you.

THE P.O.L.R exPRESS said...

I got u! I'm gonna send u the lineup for weeks to come. I think you'll enjoy it!