Thursday, August 6, 2009

Throwback Thursdays

This week, we have a very special Throwback Thursday. Normally, this section is for special players who we remember made their mark on the league, but may be somewhat forgotten.

As I got to thinking about a throwback player for this week, I started to think, "there are special players, but there are also some very special teams". So in honor of the team that brought the circus to the hardwood, this Throwback Thursday is dedicated to the 1999-2004 Sacramento Kings. I mean, of course the greatest show on the court was the original Showtime Lakers and the '96-'98 Bulls (based on Jordan and Pippen alone!), but these Sacramento Kings, under the tutelage of Rick Adelman (now coach of my Houston Rockets), had that certain "spizazzz" about them that you can never forget! I mean, really, what team do you remember throwing 10 precise behind the back passes on one possession?!?! Ok, so maybe I exaggerated a little bit, but they certainly made basketball fun (except for the not winning a ring part. sorry.). Hats off to Vlade "King of Flop" Divac, Doug Christie, C-Webb, Jason "White Chocolate" Williams, Bobby "6th man" Jackson, Mike Bibby, Peja Stojakovic, and Hedo Turkoglu and the Maloof Brothers for bringing these players together. Thanks for the memories.

(Editors Note- Excuse the music on the mix.....I PROMISE it won't get you hype, but the play will! LOL!)

5 comments:

slaihing said...

Man I used to rep this team HARD, especially when they took the Lakers 7 games. Still makes me angry thinking about Doug Christie and Peja airballing 3's in the clutch. Bibby could not be stopped and C Webb was a monster. Those boys were NICE.

THE P.O.L.R exPRESS said...

Most def! I pledge my allegiance to the Houston Rockets, but when we weren't in the picture, this team definitely stole my heart! ARCO Arena busting the decibel meters, Bibby/J.Will, Webber, Peja (When he wasn't airballing), man, this team made basketball soooooooo crazy!

chef reHEnaldo said...

i concur...i remember that very game 7...Divac missed that hook against Shaq, and that's my eyes were opened to the way of the Greatest of All Time - Kobe

sidekick, i work for T said...

welcome fellow GOAT follower

Nick said...

nigs this team, sigh. i so loved them to death even laurence funderBURKE!!!!! lmao nah lemme stop he was too bummy but scott pollard even had his place. these niggas i so wish they had won one they would have always been remembered