Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Favre from over?!?!?

If you pay attention to any kind of news, then I'm pretty sure that you've heard, seen or read something about NFL Legend, Brett Favre. If not, I will give you the rundown. After a year(NFL Season) of breaking almost every quarterback record known to man, Favre decided to hang up the cleats forever and retire a Green Bay Packer Legend. Here's his retirement speech. Please watch before you continue reading. Wow, somebody get this guy a Kleenex.....EMBARRASSING! No but seriously, that was his retirement speech and I would hope that he is a man of his word. Unfortunately, that is not the case. In the past month, there have been rumors about Favre making a return to football. But as the weeks have passed, the plot has thickened and this once respected career, in my mind, now seems like a ring around the rosie circus act (and not even a Barnum and Bailey act either), and I, THE POLR EXPRESS, am SICK OF IT!!!! I can accept a player retiring. I can even tolerate an early retirement such as Michael Jordan's 1st retirement in 1993. You see, he had a reason to retire (death of his father) AND we all knew that he was not done playing basketball! But I have a personal disdain for those who retire and should stay retired, and that includes you too Michael! You see its one thing to retire and have a whole season dedicated to your legacy and stay retired(Cal Ripken, Michael Jordan('98), Reggie Miller, well, you get the idea), but it is another thing to retire and then toy with your teammates and LOYAL fans emotions as Favre has done. He has even taken a cheap shot at the Packers management, like they were in the wrong for not granting him a release from the team and offering him a contract to come back as a backup quarterback. I mean, seriously, "What are you thinking Brett?!". Can I be honest for one second?! Listen, I understand that you are a Hall of Fame quarterback, but can you really blame the Packers management for wanting to save your selfish, OLD %^$ from embarrassing yourself, injury, and many other things that could happen and would taint your legacy if you came back?! No, you really can't Brett, you really can't.... After your teary, emotional, "cry me a river" retirement speech, the Packers decided that it was time to move on and we all know that Aaron Rodgers is a worthy candidate to take over the reigns as the Packers QB. Now if it is tearing Favre up inside and he is as he put it, "guilty of retiring too early", then I believe that he should just leave the Packers alone and move on to another team, maybe his original team (yes there was a team before the Packers), the Atlanta Falcons would take him back, since they do need a quarterback (that's a whole different story that I wanted to write, but a friend and fellow blogger beat me it! Its a great read!) Or he could go to the Minnesota Vikings, who desperately need a quarterback, since they have a JOKE at quarterback. What's his name?! Yea, exactly! Anyways, I'm tired of Brett Favre and his antics. Hmmm, Sportsman of the Year?!?! I think not....

No comments: