Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Full Truth, even if you don't want to hear it. By Kobe Bean Bryant


"If the Lakers are playing, I'm watching to see what he does. He is THAT dude."-Lebron James
It's simple really. No one wants to root for Goliath. I've been in the league 12 seasons, and have been most hated for 11 of them. I understand, but even after winning one MVP last year (many seasons overdue I might add) all people want to talk about is Bron, or Wade, or Colorado hotel rooms and 7th games against the Suns. I get it. I'm not the sexy pick. I don't get triple doubles regularly, nor do I show the athleticism and young Jordan like abilities in the open court like Mr. Wade (at least not anymore, have to save the legs you know.) What I do show, however, is that I am STILL the best basketball player in the world. I am the best at closing out games against anyone, be it an NBA team, Summer Pickup, Spain, or Martians. I am still the guy you would take to play someone one on one for the lives of your family. I'm still the guy you would take if you needed a last second jumper to win. I'm still the upgrade to what you saw in Mike (hey, let's be real, I have better footwork and a better jumper from 18 feet out.)I'm still THAT guy. What I am not, is a coddler. Hell, He (the one in Chicago) wasn't either. You either perform, or you get off the team. I'm not here to hold my teammate's hands, we are all professionals. I am here to win rings, 3 I already have if you weren't aware. Speaking of rings, let me be categorically clear with you all: Shaq's 3 rings wouldn't have happened in LA without me (and me alone) as the closer. He played 3.5 quarters a game (horribly out of shape) and then was a non-factor late in games due to his being less of a complete player (free throws, cough). I made the triangle go, not him. Now, back to this season...........
To read the rest of this blog, visit, http://go2page3.blogspot.com/

No comments: